Friday, March 18, 2011

There are two major questions asked on Zipperheads.

1-Should I get the surgery or are you happy you had the surgery done.

2-Is this a symptom and/or they think I might also have this diagnoses.
   For the first question,: If you are symptomatic and the doctors or your self feel you need it, then yes you should. BUT please get at less 2-3 opinions’. It’s ok if you have found your NS and like him/her but you should always make sure that the NS is experienced and is the best choice for your Chiari surgery. I would also encourage you to research the Neurosurgeons history. You can do that on the web and if that doctor has had any issues with other patients you will find it. I understand it’s hard to find a NS let alone 2 more but this is your brain and it needs to be operated on from someone who knows what they are doing and they have your best interest and health in mind.

   Everyone will have a different answer when it comes to are you happy you had the surgery or would you do it again. It also depends on where they are in there life and how quick they started seeing the effects of the surgery. For the first year I was not so sure it was the correct choose, but I did not have a choose I was to progressive and it was going to happen and it did. I chose to have my tonsils removed along with the decompression surgery. Yes, I am happy I did it and I would do it again. My recovery has been hard and I am still trying to heal but we are all different and we all heal different. I was very sick and I do see the changes and my head pain is not 24/7 but I have other health issues. Surgery is not a cure because there is not one but with the correct NS it is a staple for a life you can enjoy.

   As for the second most asked question this is what I think. Chiari effects us all different but in the same ways, our nervous system, head pain, unable to filter the noise, emotional rollercoaster, money issues, family problem and last but not less everyone not understanding what we have. You could line us all up and we would have similar problems but not the same because Chiari effects everyone different because we as people are all different.. We think different, handle things different, have a high or low pain level, it effects are brain and even though we are all wired the same we all reacted differently and that is ok…
As for the doctors diagnosing you with other issues, yeah you probably have other things going on but it is because of the Chiari in most cases that effects our bodies to have other issues. Chiari is a nerve disease and with that comes many other problems. The real question is how are you going to handle it?

   It sucks being sick and not feeling well enough to just go do something or doing something and knowing you will have to deal with it the next day. My advise is do what you can with out hurting yourself, enjoy what is around you and relax. You are not alone in this fight we are all here with each other. That is a blessing in it’s self. We may be sick but we are not dead, so smile, laugh, huge your loved ones just enjoy life.


Note: this is just one Chiarians opinion, I am not a doctor and if you have health questions I highly recommend you to seek out for medical advise. In know way am I trying to hurt or slander anyone. I am just here to give my love and support. Zipperheads for Chiari is a support group to help others get through there life with love. Always love.


 
 
 

No comments: